React TL;DR #10 – Most Useful React Content From April 2020
Announcing React Native 0.62 with Flipper
- Metro Actions: Reload the app and trigger the Dev Menu right from the toolbar.
- Crash Reporter: View crash reports from Android and iOS devices.
- React DevTools: Use the newest version of React DevTools right alongside all your other tools.
- Network Inspector: View all of the network requests made by device applications.
- Metro and Device Logs: View, search, and filter all logs from both Metro and the Device.
- Native Layout Inspector: View and edit the native layout output by the React Native renderer.
- Database and Preference Inspectors: View and edit the device databases and preferences.
Gatsby Incremental Builds
Incremental Builds is a new feature in Gatsby Cloud that’ll make building your site even faster!
- it allows you to make content changes and rebuild only the parts of your site that are affected by the change.
- currently only support data changes
- if you make code changes, like a change in gatsby-node.js or edits to the JSX in your pages, a full rebuild is necessary
- a change in GitHub won’t be an incremental build!
This is a React hook for Portals. It helps you render children into a DOM node that exists outside the DOM hierarchy of the parent component.
- 🍒 Renders an element or component to or a specified DOM element.
- 🎣 React Portals feat. Hook.
- 🤖 Built-in state controllers, event listeners and many useful features for a comprehensive DX.
- 🧱 Used as a scaffold to build your customized hook.
- 🧹 Auto remove un-used portal container for you. Doesn’t produce any DOM mess.
- 📜 Support TypeScript type definition.
- 🗄️ Server-side rendering compatibility.
- 🦠 Tiny size (~ 1.4KB gzipped). No external dependencies, aside for the react and react-dom.
A Critique of React Hooks
“If I were starting a new react project today I would still use them despite all these flaws. However, that doesn’t make them immune to criticism.”
- More Stuff to Learn
- They Don’t Interoperate With Class Components
- Ecosystem Challenges
- The Rules of Hooks Limit Your Design
- They Complicate Control Flow
Stay updated with the newest React TL;DR.
What is React TL;DR?
React TL;DR helps you decide which content is worth your time.
We don’t use any engines or tools. It is all selected by ourselves, based on what we have learned and gained profit from. No b#$%it provided.
Say hello to React TL;DR – your filter for most useful React content.